Einari Paakkanen (b. 1980) is a Finnish director focusing on stories of human connection and communication with others. His films have been screened globally in festivals such as the CPH:DOX and Visions du Reel. His first feature documentary My father from Sirius premiered at the Warsaw Film Festival in 2016 and was broadcasted by Yle, SVT and Arte. His latest documentary Karaoke Paradise premiered in 2022 and is shortlisted for the best documentary in European Film Awards. Einari has an MA in documentary directing from ESCAC in Barcelona.
- Karaoke Paradise, documentary, 75 min (2022)
- Cross-Country, documentary, 56 min (2019)
- Permission to fall, documentary, 15 min (2019)
- My Father from Sirius, documentary, 80 min (2016)
- Kus on Thon?, animation, 6 min (2016)
- Jee!Sukset, animation, 4 min (2014)